On My Keeper Shelf

Another author did a post on what's on her keeper shelf; the books she reads over and over. And it got me too thinking. I have a pretty large keeper shelf, but when it comes to what I reread over and over, it's a much smaller list and it's a list that changes. If you'd asked my five years ago, ten years ago, etc. there would be completely different books on the list. But let's focus on today and I only let myself pick one book per author (some of them I have several of their books dog eared from rereading).

Shadow Game by Christine Feehan was the first book I read of hers. She has several bestselling series', but I always come back to this book as my favorite. I think it's the dynamic between Lily and Ryland.








To Die For by Linda Howard. One of the funniest romantic suspense novels I have ever read. The only Linda Howard novel written in 1st person (well, the sequel is too) so it has a very different tone from her other books which I also love. But this one is just funny. Blair Mallory is an incredibly fun character to visit with.





After Caroline by Kay Hooper. I adore her name series which After Caroline is a part of. There's just a touch of the super natural in the books, but they wouldn't be considered paranormal by today's standards which makes them all the more intriguing. And as with most of Hooper's heroes Griffin is very easy to fall in love with.






An Accidental Goddess by Linnea Sinclair. First I have to say, I miss the original cover Bantam released the book under. This new one is just too...sexy. I loved the more sci-fi version which is what got me to pick the book up in the first place and dive in to the worlds of Linnea's making. Gillie, the accidental goddess, is a heroine after my own heart. Though not a goddess she struggles with who she truly is while falling in love. Danger lurks around every corner, of course.






Family Man by Jayne Ann Krentz is probably my favorite JAK title and it was really hard to pick just one as I compulsively reread several of her books. With JAK it's the banter between the hero and heroine which draws me in. And this particular book has the opposites attract dynamic played for full dramatic benefit.





What are some of the books on your reread shelf?

Comments

  1. Angelia,

    My sister and I read Jayne Ann Krentz when we were teenagers and we liked her stories then. What a fun topic! Books on my reread shelf will probably be THE WOMAN WARRIOR by Maxine Hong Kingston and some of the WOOSTER/JEEVES books by P.G. Wodehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JAK is a wonderful writer. I haven't heard of your two books. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop - April 17 - April 22

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

Horse Charmer on Sale For Only $.99