A literature meme

Got this from Sasha White at the Genreality Blog who got it from Charlene Teglia's blog.

1) What author do you own the most books by? I purged my books about a year ago this would have been a very different answer then, but now, Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick with Linda Howard a close second.


2) What book do you own the most copies of? I generally don't own multiple copies on purpose (though it does happen on accident). Probably a tie between my own book Horse Schools and a box of family Bibles we have.

3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? Nope, didn't even notice.


4) What fictional character are you secretly in love with? Jason Bourne. :-)

5) What book have you read the most times in your life (excluding picture books read to children; i.e., Goodnight Moon does not count)? Probably, To Die For by Linda Howard.
.

6) What was your favorite book when you were ten years old? Long time ago, but I think I was into Sweet valley Twins and The Saddle Club when I was ten.

7) What is the worst book you've read in the past year? Hmm, I usually don't finish them, and then I don't remember.

9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be? Mine. :-)

10) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature? No clue.

11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie? I'd like to see The Last Unicorn made into a live action flick. I'd also love to see the series The Secret of the Unicorn Queen made into a mini-series.

12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I think most books I've read could be, if done correctly, so many books will not transfer straight over to film well.

13) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character. Hmmm, I can't think of any, possible I've had one, but just don't remember.


14) What is the most lowbrow book you've read as an adult? Lowbrow??? What the heck is that? I don't believe in lowbrow.

15) What is the most difficult book you've ever read? Hamlet.

16) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you've seen? Only read Hamlet. Never seen Shakespeare on stage though have seen a few movies.

17) Do you prefer the French or the Russians? Who the heck knows.

18) Roth or Updike? Um, don't think I've read either of them.

19) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers? Who?

20) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer? Okay I know I've read Shakespeare and the other two sound familiar, but have no idea.

21) Austen or Eliot? Are we talking T.S. Eliot? That one is hard. Jane is brilliant, but Eliot did create the poems that inspired Cats.


22) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading? Anything considered literature now and yesterday.

23) What is your favorite novel? I don't really have a favorite, but two of my tops are  To Die For and An Accidental Goddess.

24) Play? Cats

25) Poem? The poems that Cats was based on are pretty cool.

26) Essay? I have blocked out all essays I was required to read in college.

27) Short story? Same as above.

28) Work of nonfiction? Mine of course, LOL. The Year of Living Biblically was pretty darn good.

29) Who is your favorite writer? List: Jayne Ann Krentz, Linda Howard, Linnea Sinclair, Suzanne Brockmann, and Kay Hooper.

30) Who is the most overrated writer alive today? I think that's more jealousy talking than reality. If you sell you're big, simple as that.

31) What is your desert island book? Some sort of guide on surviving on a desert island.

32) And ... what are you reading right now? Nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop - April 17 - April 22

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

Horse Charmer on Sale For Only $.99