Coming Up with a Cover Concept

I've been working on cover ideas for my two upcoming books over the last two weeks. I'm still graphically challenged enough that I will probably be hiring my cover designer to do them. But I like to pick out the images myself along with the overall concept on the cover. Both have proved to be a lot more challenging than my previous covers.

Here's some of the images I've found in looking for pictures for the cover of my new young adult fantasy The Unicorn Keep. 
 
Searching for young women/teens, brown hair, not looking directly at the camera:

I love this one, but wish it was a full body shot.

This one also has promise, but I'm actually thinking could work for the heroine of my space opera.
 Searching for unicorns - a lot harder than you would think:

Sweet! Mood and everything, but need to find a girl to put in (hence the need for a full body shot).

Just need to add a horn. Pick a background and a girl.
The Keep looms over unicorn valley. I like the mood in this, but it looks a little too old and not as big as I visualize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop - April 17 - April 22

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

Horse Charmer on Sale For Only $.99