Best Laid Plans

So, last night I'm planning out my day today. Big daughter can get a jump on her school work and then has an art class. Little daughter, will as usual, tag along. I will get 1750 words written today cause I only got about one page written before I simply could not think anymore last night.

Day is moving slowly along, typical day for us, I finally start getting ready for the day and Big Daughter and Little Daughter start playing nicely and sweetly together. I stand watching them going - okay am I gonna retain my title of Meanest Mother in the World and inform them play is over and Big Daughter has to get to her school work now. Or, am I gonna be a total softy, and tip toe away and pray the quiet and peace last longer than 15 minutes. In case you don't know me very well, it was the latter. Peace and quiet are always at the top of my list any day of the year.

But do I use this peace and quiet and jump into my writing, well, just a little. I got another page written (250 words), but I spend most of the time catching up on my emails (something I could do with the screaming and the fighting in the background). So, now back to the writing. They are still quiet, over an hour of peace, wow!! And before anyone asks, no they aren't getting into trouble, I've been checking every couple of minutes to make sure. Maybe it's the peace and quiet that is making it hard for me to get into the story. After about five minutes, I feel compelled to jump up and make sure that they aren't engaged in a silent war or completely destroying something.

Comments

  1. OH, how sweet is harmony. And worth waiting for if you know what I mean. And when you are blessed with it, let it flow...the routine of life can wait. Peace and quiet takes priority.

    And what a good time for the meanest of moms to rest and take a deep breath and maybe stretch on the floor and do some yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried getting your kids interested in writing? That's how I used to get regular writing time.

    I got each of my four kids a tablet that they could only use during writing time. Then, when we sat down to write, no one talked. They could write or draw anything they wanted to, but writing time became a time to be together and quiet.

    It was difficult, at first, but after awhile, it was something the kids looked forward to. Now, as adults, three of the four are also writing. Hope this helps.

    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ~ Yaya
    Yaya's Changing World

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually have three computers in my office. :-) One for each person. So, yes often they are in the room with me doing their things while I do mine. Though neither write. They play computer games instead. For a while I thought Big Daughter might as she announced she wanted to be a writer like mommy, but then she discovered she didn't like sitting there staring at a blank page. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop - April 17 - April 22

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

Horse Charmer on Sale For Only $.99