One Writer's Journey

Here I am again in the blogosphere. I've been blogging related to my book, Horse Schools, over the last couple of months and have had to hold back because there was something I wanted to talk about that in no way related to horses, colleges, or searching for a school. So, here I am with a brand new blog, isn't it pretty? Well, as pretty as it can be till I personalize it a bit, but I'll save that for later.

I've been thinking a lot about my own writer's journey and being a homeschooling mom and how the two coexiste. I've found that an extremely productive day for me usually means that the school work for my ten year old gets put on hold (which she loves LOL) and my preschooler spends most of her day doing all the things a "good" mom isn't supposed to let her do all day. But a productive day with my girls, we get all of my ten year old's school work done for the day, I spend what I'd consider quality time with her and my preschooler, that type of day tends to be a sucky day for my writing.

I have to wonder why this is. The OCD in me says it's because I need to plan better, schedule better, make more lists, etc. But the creative person in me only seems to allow two straight days of a strict schedule before she revolts. Or I should say, I revolt, and start to sabotage myself with the usual, hmmm, we need to go grocery shopping, big daughter needs a play date, little daugher needs some socialization (she's on the shy side and I have to force it on her), I need to get out of the house because they are driving me bonkers, the house needs to be cleaned, and the list goes on and on.

When that happens I just need to remind myself that instead of setting up an elaborate to do list or schedule that I do better with little goals (even if they make me feel like I'm not doing as much as I should). Sometimes I'm good and I meet all of my goals and some days I meet one of my three goals, but at least if I meet one of the three I am moving forward with my writing. My main three goals are: work one hour on nonfiction project, input one chapter of corrections for romantic suspense, and do three pages or one thousand words or rewrites for space opera.

What types of daily goals do you set for yourself?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop - April 17 - April 22

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

Horse Charmer on Sale For Only $.99