The New Year

I'm taking a different approach with my writing goals for this year than I did last year. Last year I tried to be very specific in my goals to see if that would keep me on track. Afraid not. It's not that I didn't do anything. I did, but it wasn't always the things on my list. So, this year I'm going to be looser with what I'm actually going to write and produce and focus on quantity. I've decided to join The Race and The eRace. You can learn more at Dean Wesley Smith's blog.

The basic premise is you earn points for each item you have out on submission or which you self-publish onto Kindle/PubIt/Smashwords.

I've started The eRace by getting my short story "Jumping Thoughts" up on Kindle and am currently working on putting it up on PubIt/Smashwords. I already have some partials and fulls out to editors for The Race.

My goal for 2011 is to increase those numbers. Hitting 60 points in The Race seems a bit daunting, but I'm ready to give it a go and planning accordingly.

What are your writing goals for the new year? Did you achieve your goals from last year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop - April 17 - April 22

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

Horse Charmer on Sale For Only $.99